(Image: Bahamas IWES)
In just a few weeks, on October 20-21, groundbreaking, successful, monumental women from all over will gather on a sunny island in the Bahamas to celebrate accomplishments and female empowerment, at the 2016 Bahamas International Women Empowerment Summit (IWES).
Hosted by the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, in partnership with StartUp Woman and UN Women, at the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort, the IWES creates an opportunity for women entrepreneurs, executives, and professionals to meet, learn, and exchange ideas among ambitious and like-minded individuals.
In keeping with the theme “Empowering Women to Pursue Their Dreams,” the summit will feature women who have dared to dream and have attained lives and careers much greater than ever imagined.
Featured speakers for the Summit include:
- Marianne Williamson, #1 New York Times Best Selling Author
- Folorunso Alakija, founder of Rose of Sharon Group and Vice Chair of Famfa Oil Limited
- Carole White, founder of Premier Model Management
- Nikki Ogunnaike, senior fashion editor, Hearst Digital Media
- Cheryl Tiegs, author, spokeswoman, entrepreneur, and supermodel
- Tai Beauchamp, founder, TheTaiLife.com
- Penny Abeywardena, commissioner for International Affairs for the City of New York
- Liz Stern, founder, Global Giving Advisors
- Marcia Dyson, founder and CEO, Women’s Global Initiative
- Tiffany Dufu, author and Chief Leadership Officer, Levo League
- June Sarpong, founder, WIE Network and StartUp Woman
- Lisa Goodchild, CEO Digiwoo
- Amy Van Atta Slater, senior vice president of Worldwide Sales Operations for TiVo
…and so many more.
The International Women’s Empowerment Summit will serve as a once in a lifetime hub where entrepreneurs and professionals from all races, cultures, experiences and walks of life will come together to offer their unique perspectives on what it takes to ultimately achieve success.
The agenda for the Summit includes:
- Business as Unusual Women: Business Success through Godly Principles
- Doing Business with Confidence: How to Get What You Want Out of Your Career— Setting and Achieving Goals, Getting Started, Moving Up, and Negotiating
- Wealth Creation and Economic Empowerment: How to Make Your Money Work for You to Create Stability and Security
- StartUp Woman: This panel will feature leading British and American business mentors and a participant from the StartUp Woman U.K. competition. The StartUp Woman Bahamas Initiative will also be launched.
- Presentation is Everything: Look the Part, Get the Part
- The Art of Marketing Oneself: PR, Marketing, and Perception Management (Including Social Media)
- The Value of Educating a Woman: Social Empowerment and Approaches to Education
- The Balanced Woman: The New Template for Female Leadership
Check out the full agenda to learn more.
The Bahamas IWES will prove to unite and inspire, as women gather to learn from those who have paved the way by achieving the unthinkable. To learn for yourself, be sure to register now and make your way toward empowerment.